About the Department
The Department of Education is a part of the Faculty of Arts which was established in the year 1960 with the grant of permission by University of Lucknow. The department has been spreading light of education marching fearlessly against oppressions and discriminations in adherence to the principle reflected in our college emblem. It is a constant endeavor of the department to equip undergraduate students with skills, knowledge and values that will develop them into independent personalities. With the enforcement of semester system since the academic session 2018-19 transformational changes have taken place in curriculum implementation. In the pursuit of providing academic ambiance the department encourages active participation of students through debates, discussions and demonstrations. Regular seminars, conferences and workshops are organized in the department to enrich and expose students with the latest developments.The department also runs an add-on course ' Certificate Course in Counselling Skills’ which has contributed immensely in student’s placement.
The department aspires to enlighten, emancipate and empower the students and to foster lifelong learning grounded in sensitivity to human dignity.
- To promote students' achievement by fostering educational excellence.
- To nurture peaceful and productive environment that cultivates strong and healthy mind, generates liberal thoughts and expression and develop conscious and responsible citizen.
- To promote social equity prohibiting discrimination and ensuring accessible and affordable education.
- To offer dynamic and interactive learning environment to students.
- To encourage and motivate students for consistent hard work and excellence.
- To provide constructive feedback to promote self-assessment and learning among students.
- To promote use of technology to make teaching and learning interesting.