About the Department
Our aim at Department of Journalism & Mass Communication is to provide the students with a learning environment, which encourages them to think innovatively and translate those thoughts into productive actions. We will train them not just to think but also how to implement these thoughts. We let their imagination soar and cross all borders. All the same time, we keep them firmly grounded in the realities of today’s effervescent media environment. It is challenging and dynamic arena, which demands innovation and application. We will equip the students with both.
The Traditional Media and Communication experienced a revolutionary transformation in trend. Over the years, the Media has moved from simply Creativity to “The Business of Creativity”. Thus the Business of Creativity requires professionally trained individuals who are not only creative but are also well-versed with importance and understanding of Business Development, Promotion and Management functions like Finance, Marketing and Human Resources Management in Media Industry to keep up with the rapidly changing media business scenario. Professionalizing attitude of creative professionals may provide the competitive edge, and that is what we aim at.
Brief History of Department
Centre for Studies in Journalism and Mass Communication was set up in the 2007 to promote high learning and professional skills in the field of journalism and mass communication.. After completing the course students have been successfully placed at various levels in media industry. The Centre has computer lab, audio visual studio and library for students who are enrolled in the Journalism Programme of Department. The Department is running only MA(JMC) Programme.
To be a pioneering institute of Mass Communication in producing media and communication professionals that combine knowledge, advance technical skills, an evolved sense of aesthetics and beauty armed with higher consciousness guided by the force of truth. A place where aspiring media professional could discover their true potential and purpose in life, a means to align their mind, body and soul, so that they may contribute their best in every aspect of individual and collective life and bring a new level of excellence, inspiration and creativity to the powerful medium of Mass Communication.
- Necessary skills to work in various media including print, electronic and web.
- Concept and Process of communication including theories and models of communication
- Understanding of laws related to media and media ethics.
- Understanding the synergic relation between media and society.
- Conducting Communication Research
- To prepare the students about the working of media both Print, Electronics & New Media.
- To develop skills in the students needed for working newspapers, Magazines, Radio, TV & Web Journalism.
- To develop research attitude and research skills to understand media and use them.
- To enhance writing skills for different formats used in media.
- To sensitize students about human values, culture, legal aspects, environment etc., about media.
- To make the students understand the Journalistic process, its impact on the human and social sphere and the socio-cultural environment within which it operates.