The Faculty of Law, Shia P.G. College works towards the formation and growth of such class of students who possess the intellectual genius, moral consciousness and social responsibility to ensure the rules of equity, justice and good conscience not just locally but also propagating the same globally. The Faculty of Law aims to achieve such impressive line of education by following the unforgettable Hadith of the Prophet of Islam, Hazrat Mohammad Mustafa (S.A.W.W) “I am the City Of Learning and Hazrat Ali (A.S.) is its Gate”. To lead the way in legal professional education, the College profoundly synthesizes the basic structure of secularism and integrity of the Indian Constitution in its basic administrative policies.Faculty of Law was established in the year 1971. In compliance with the directions of Bar Council of India the supportive management of the Shia P.G. College, allowed the construction of a separate building in the name of Faculty of Law, Shia P.G. College, Lucknow. The Faculty of Law since its commencement of imparting legal education has produced a number of legal luminaries like Honorable Justice Mr. Vikram Nath, who has recently been elevated from Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court to Supreme Court of India, New Delhi, Honorable, Justice Mr. S.K. Pawar, Allahabad High Court, Allahabad, Prof. Balraj Chauhan, Vice Chancellor, Dharamashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (M.P.) and Late Prof. Mohd. Shabbir, Former Dean and Chairman, Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh, Mr. Mritunjay Singh, Judicial Magistrate, West Champavan, Bihar, Mr. Praveen Kumar Malviya, A.D.J., Bihar, Mr. Ghazanfar Haider, H.J.S., Chairman/Presiding Officer, Bihar State Waqf Tribunal, Patna, Ms. Khyati Singh, Additional District and Sessions Judge-1, Sheohar, Bihar, Minakshi Mittal, Law Officer, National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) Corporate Office, Faridabad, Ms. Asha Tiwari, Law Officer, Jaypee Group, Ms. Ambika Mehrotra, Civil Judge, Junior Division, Chandauli and Principal Magistrate, Juvenile Justice Board, Chandauli, Azeem Sherwani, who is holding a distinguished position in Legal Arena, and many more.
By the grace of God and by sincere endeavors of the Management of the college, Faculty of Law (which is named as “Shia College of Law” in compliance with the direction of B.C.I., New Delhi.) presently has its separate, well equipped, air conditioned and regularly updated e-library along with a spacious Stack Room and capacitive Reading Hall which has the capacity of great number of students at a time to sit and study there. The e-library has updated issues of All India Reporter, Supreme Court Cases, Criminal Law Journals, Indian Bar Review and various other Law Journals and Reports. Internet access to all students and teachers is available through the high speed Wi-Fi Connection. Our Central library, Khateeb-e-Akbar Library being the digital and e-library is the hub of all academic activities established to accomplish the educational objectives of the Shia P.G.College and Faculty of Law. It is located as an independent building giving access to its rich collection of primary and secondary legal resources to all users in and outside the campus. Faculty of Law has also been adorned with the earlier publications of its annual “Law Review” with Articles of high values, written by well-known judges of Supreme Court and High Courts, eminent Law Professors, distinguished Lawyers, academicians and students as well. The College conducts National and International Seminars, workshop and other academic projects and collection of Research Papers periodically.
The infrastructure of the Faculty of Law, Shia P.G. College would not be complete unless it comprises of a Moot Court Hall. The Honorable Management of the Shia P.G. College has with all its support allowed the construction of a separate “Moot Court Hall” which is full of all modern facilities and is centrally Air Conditioned. The students are trained and their legal skills are groomed in the artificial scenario of the Court room created. Various moot courts have been organized and students have participated in the various National and International level Moot Courts.
Faculty of Law in lieu of the guidelines laid down by the Bar Council of India had also established a Legal Aid Clinic in its campus which is serving the very interests of under privileged, marginalized and needy sections of the society providing the following services:-
1. Legal Aid Clinic provides Legal services to the poor people in remote areas of the city, with the help of the students under experienced faculty and a practicing advocate supervision.
2. The aim of this service is to provide expansive legal protective aid to the poor and needy people of the society. Legal services of basic nature like Legal Advices, Affidavits, writing complaint replies, RTI and similar documents are being constantly provided.
3.To make the people aware about their basic legal rights and remedies through personal interaction.
4.Last but not the least the sole aim of this task is to train our budding future lawyers to understand, tackle the problems and their solutions on real pragmatic grounds, and provide legal help to those who are in need.
The College with a comprehensive infrastructure has laid down an exhaustive ground for Judges, Legislators and Public Servants in the making which would form part of the governing system in the future. We endeavor to make them best in whatever constructive work they do and polish them into professionals who would make a mark in the legal field.
1. To achieve excellence in the field of Law is the broad vision of the Faculty of Law, Shia P.G. College. Endeavor to place legal professionals on the Global Map as Global Citizens.
2. To impart Futuristic, Professional Education and instill high pattern of Discipline and Sincerity.
3. To make students legally and ethically strong to lead the Nation.
4. To foster academic-industry/professional synergies and to forge strategic alliances for greater upward mobility.
1. To make incessant endeavor to translate our vision into a reality and achieve the objectives laid down by the management of the College.
2. To create world class facilities and ambience for advance level of teaching and practical training.
3. To develop students as global citizens with conscience, commitment, dedication and to make them a better human being.
4. To enlighten individuals with qualitative and legal parameters and enriching mind skills.
5. To strengthen ties with industries, professional societies, accrediting bodies and statutory authorities.
Faculty of Law have following objectives of legal education-
1. To provide excellence in legal education.
2. To offer support and advice for students who are interested in preparation of various competitive examination, especially P.C.S. (J), A.P.O. exam, Civil Services etc.
3. To prepare and assist students in improving their future prospects through career counseling and support.
4. To educate and train students for community leadership and for civic responsibility.
5. To inculcate each student in a sense of intellectual curiosity and commitment to lifelong learning.
6. Finally to provide the curriculum for the purpose to promote holistic growth of students and make them a complete person.