Board of Studies
The Board of Studies (BoS) would have representatives from the college, university to which the college is affiliated, other universities, other colleges, partner industries and relevant Sector Skill Council(s). The Principal shall be the Chairperson.
The BoS shall decide the programmes (add on, value added and other diploma courses ) to be offered by the college depending upon the industry needs, skill gap studies done by NSDC or such other credible sources, and finalize the curriculum in modular form in consultation with the partner industry and relevant SSC.
The main objectives of BoS are:
- to make higher education relevant to the learner and the community;
- to integrate relevant skills into the higher education system;
- to provide skill based education to students currently pursuing higher education but actually interested in entering the workforce at the earliest opportunity;
- to provide employable and certifiable skills based on National Occupational Standards (NOSs) with necessary general education to Senior Secondary School pass-outs, with general education and/or vocational education background.
- to provide for up-gradation and certification of traditional / acquired skills of the learners irrespective of their age;
- to provide opportunities for community–based life-long learning by offering courses of general interest to the community for personal development and interest;
- to provide opportunity for vertical mobility to move to higher education in future; and
- to offer bridge courses to certificate holders of general/vocational education, so as to bring them at par with appropriate NSQF level.
- to provide entrepreneurial orientation along with required skill training for self-employment and entrepreneurship development.