Shia College Computer Centre is one of the pioneering & premier Institutions spreading the light of learning and knowledge in Information Technology under the Management and control of "Board of Trustees" of Shia College and Allied Institutions".
In order to create awareness amongst the youth of the country towards Computer Education, in the year 1987, the University Grants Commission of India selected Shia Post Graduate College, Lucknow as one of the colleges of the country to open Computer Centre. The Centre started functioning from December 1, 1987. This Centre however started imparting education in Computer Applications to the youth of the Country to enable them to meet fast growing requirements of Industries, bank and other commercial and Government Organizations. Since 1987 till 2012, Shia College Computer Centre has successfully provided Computer Education to the students enrolled in Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (P.G.D.C.A.). From 1991Computer Science subject at B.Sc. level has been introduced to meet the demands of the students. It is being planning to start B.C.A. Course, in the future, as well.
The Faculty Members as well as the students and employees have always been a true reflection of our composite culture. They have contributed their best towards the development and progress of the College and the Nation.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF SHIA COLLEGE COMPUTER CENTRE
(1) Shia College Computer Centre was established by taking Financial Assistance from University Grants Commission in the Year 1987. The Centre is having the distinction of being Pioneer Institution right from its very beginning.
(2) The Course of B.Sc. (Computer Science) was introduced in the year 1991. Shia P.G. College was the first Institution in Lucknow, which got the honor, where this course was introduced. It is worthy to note that when Lucknow University permitted to start B.Sc. (Computer Science) course, it was not even introduced in the University of Lucknow itself, as well as its Associated Colleges and even in whole Uttar Pradesh at that time.
(3) Number of students passing out from here, have got employment in Government and Private Sectors in India as well as in other Countries.
(4) The Hon'ble Vice Chancellor of University of Lucknow, Lucknow had been very kind enough to participate in a seminar on the topic of E-Learning : "India emerging as World Leader", which was held in the month of January 2006. In the seminar, many other Academicians, Educationists and IT Experts participated. In the inaugural session of the Seminar, Academicians of University of Lucknow lauded the role of College in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology.
(5) Deptt. of Computer Science of Shia P.G. College, Sitapur Road Campus has separate building, having well equipped air conditioned Computer and Electronics laboratories with around 50 computers and latest essential training infrastructure.
(6) Apart from latest Computer Systems, some I/O devices like Scanners, High Speed Printers and Ultra Modern DLP projector were also installed in the lab for teaching and training purpose, which are essential for imparting Education in Computer Science and IT segments. Internal assessment of the staff members by the students has been carried out and implemented in the Computer Deptt. as per suggestions of the NAAC.It is also a matter or pride for us that U.G.C. has selected Shia College for opening Network Resource Centre (NRC) and has provided financial help for this project and it was opened in January 2004.