The Department of Persian, Shia P.G. College was established in the year 1960 . The Persian Language has a long history in the country, which could be found in our culture. The Department has worked to promote patriotism, blended culture, and brotherhood. It has been a host to many important events and programs to keep the language alive in the society
Since its inception, the department has honoured to have many eminent scholars, who were somewhere associated with the department. The Department imparts teaching in Persian language and Literature, Persian linguistics, Indo–Persian literature, and niches like Indo–Islamic philosophy and Sufism. The department endeavours to impart practical and theoretical knowledge in codicology, numismatics, calligraphy, paintings, etc. Persian Literature is known for its depth in ethical Literature, texts, and the courses taught in the Department work in the holistic development of a student. To ensure students get the best out of the course, the Department holds discussions and meetings with academicians and Persian language experts. From time-to-time seminars and workshops were being organised for the benefit of students, with eminent scholars on the stage.
- To impart quality education and learning environment for the students of the Department.
- To nurture intellectuals, researchers, and scholars to produce quality research in the Persian language and Literature.
- To give a platform to the young students for education, employment, and national development.
- To have subject experts to keep the Persian language and Literature popular amongst the masses.
- Establish an educational environment that helps advance research, innovative ideas, and principles.
- To spread awareness about Persian studies in the country through professionalism and academic quality.
- To upskill the researchers and academicians. They can also work on the needs and problems of Persian studies and tackle the same.
- To introduce new professional courses such as Manuscript logy and Epigraphy.
- To compile and publish the poetries penned by Persian poets, writers, and Sufis in India.
- To introduce short-term courses on spoken Persian.
- To promote interdisciplinary research.
- To hold sessions of eminent scholars of Persian.