About the Department
Reputation and credibility of the Department of Botany may be verified from persons outside the Department, they may be from Shia College or from other Botany Department of various colleges of University of Lucknow, Lucknow.
The Department is committed to welfare of the students without any distinction. For this, the Faculty members are highly qualified, and well versed with latest trends. The reputation of the Department is of paramount importance to the Faculty members because the foundation was laid by honest, sincere and dedicated seniors.
The present faculty members are Dr. Syed Rais Haider, Dr. Syed Husain Asghar Kazmi, Dr. M.M. Abid Ali Khan, Dr. Syed Nazeer Haider Zaidi, Dr Sabiha Kazmi, Dr. Syed Arshad Hasan Rizvi, Dr. Mohd Zahid Rizvi, Dr. Amber Hasan and Dr. Abbasi, are highly qualified and knowledgeable. They all are well versed with changing trends in education having high quality research papers, books and book-chapters of International and National repute.
Unique and innovative methods of teaching have been adopted, including advance lessons, class-tests on topic basis, projects and seminars on regular basis. Labs are well equipped with unique museum having variety of specimens. Rare specimens ranging from Algae to Angiosperms are present in the Department.
Department established a Botanical Garden in which several medicinal, aromatic, ornamental and horticultural plants are cultivated and it provides study material to the students.
To provide modern botanical education for imparting quality and skill oriented education to the students in process of career and social development through the study of plant sciences.
1. Its mission is to apply conventional as well as non-conventional tools to understand plant process, development of human resource with hands on experience in the frontier areas of Plant Sciences.
2. Establishment of linkages with National and International Institutes and Universities for betterment of students of the Department.
3. To develop a botanical garden having ornamental, horticultural, medicinal and aromatic plants for studies.
4. To offer wide and relevant botanical education to the students with a view of shaping their scientific temperament and environmental awareness and to uplift the students capable of facing challenges in life efficiently and carve their own future. To introduce students to modern ideas and thoughts for sustaining in global world.
1. To develop the Department as a leading center of Plant Sciences in the country.
2. To develop awareness among students for sustainable development of clean and green environment for human and animal welfare.
3. To organized the botanical tours to various gardens, forests, nurseries, hilly regions, research institutes and national laboratories to give exposure to students.
4. The department conducts seminar and invited lectures by eminent professor and Scientists.
5. Department has started a practically applied, employment oriented Certificate course in Laboratory Technologies.
6. To impart quality education in the fields of Botany to make the students acquire an in-depth knowledge relevant to local, regional and national needs.
7. To adequately equip the students to apply themselves meaningfully in any activity requiring botanical expertise.
8. To produce well trained careers and inculcate the concept of conservation of biodiversity for development of sustainable environment.
9. To provide a wide-spectrum comprehension of current aspects of plant science viz. biotechnology, genetic engineering, plant biochemistry and molecular biology etc.